Sunday, June 17, 2012

Seeking Representation...

As posted earlier, I have been working on a collaborative project, a children's book.  Along with that project, we, my bf and I, have been sending out query letters and tear sheets to different publishing houses looking for representation for me as an illustrator.  We have received "no thank yous" for the most part, but we did receive one encouraging "no." You might think to yourself how can any "no" be encouraging?  Well the answer is when you get a nice answer back stating that many of your examples are very promising and would be a good fit, but they currently have illustrators with a similar style.  Although people in the "business" might be laughing at my naivete and say, "well that's just a nice way to let you down, we do it all the time."  and that's fine with me, but I have also received nasty, cold and rather bitchy responses as well.  So if it is just nice fluff to let me down easy, I'll take it.  It only takes one "yes" in a sea of nos to turn things around.  

2 comments:

  1. It has only just begun. Talent is on your side!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will come a day when the no becomes a yes, and I will celebrate!

    ReplyDelete