Sunday, January 24, 2010

Another run to the art store, Michael's, Target, and so on!!!

I have been so many times to the art store and other stores to get prepared for this semester.  It is amazing how much money has been spent on supplies this semester.  And I still have to buy all of my brushes for oil painting in a couple of weeks.  But I am truly looking forward to the painting classes and hope to learn some really great skills that I have not been able to gain on my own.

A funny note, I was running through my list of supplies (quickly) and thought I had read the size of canvas I would have to start out with correctly...   too funny!!!  I ended up reading a line down from it and was buying my stretcher bars accordingly to the measurements I thought I saw.  I ended up with the largest canvas in the class!!!  I have to now try and do an abstract project on this rather large blank canvas.  Oh and don't think "abstract pishhha- that's easy!"  There are requirements, certain rules to the painting like... as many shapes as possible without too much overlapping, razor straight edges, as many colors that you can create from only two contrasting colors and white and absolutely NO visible brush strokes or color variation in any of the paint.  We will have 4 class periods to accomplish this task.  I'll let you know if I survive!

2 comments:

  1. I hear the painting students are expected to put in some long clock bending hours in the studio. Let me know when you'll be there at 3 AM and I'll bring by some coffee...

    ReplyDelete