Monday, August 2, 2010

Lost soul - Lost vision - working little by little

I have found this summer to be a stretch both mentally and artistically.  I am struggling to finish up the drawing that I posted previously - I can't seem to get in my mind how to finish it.  I'm thinking of some element built into the face or something like my hand full of pencils laid over the canvas so it would be the canvas under my hands working on it.  It just sits waiting for more inspiration or direction.
I am also going to do some fun work - fun with watercolor, no heavy theme...simple, playful, happy work.
I'll post some work once I get some going.  And I'll keep you filled in on the drawing, what will be the next approach.  I don't like it when I am pushed to do stuff that just is simply not me.  I am by no means edgy-at all.  I paint things that make me feel moved, happy, sad, simple, naive, pained and alive.  My art won't cause a stir - but possibly cause a good feeling - a shared love.

No comments:

Post a Comment