Thursday, February 23, 2012

Claiming A Canvas for My Own....

So now there was this really huge, hideous painting left behind in the painting studio.  I turned it around so that the back of the canvas was facing the room.  It was too big to try and move out of the way.  And to add a note: I normally don't comment on another person's painting or art in a negative tone, but this one really was a doozy.  I needed another canvas to work on and decided to turn this huge canvas back around and paint over the picture.  I have some initial drawings on the canvas and then some images of the work progressing.  I have four men in the image.  I am currently working on the prominent figure in the foreground.   I was excited to post the images because even the preliminary sketches have an exciting feeling to them.  You can still see the painting underneath and see my work over the top.  The two mix to make an almost abstract painting.  I think the canvas is approximately 60" x 84".  I spent five hours on it today and am already pleased with the progression.  I was telling some fellow classmates that with my luck the painting would show up on the Antiques Roadshow, but not for my painting...oh no, they would want to lift my painting to get to the amazing primitive work underneath and that painting would be worth millions!!!  Well here are the pictures I took of the work.  Oh and you know (too funny), you might think my painting is hideous too!  








No comments:

Post a Comment