Friday, February 5, 2010

Face to Face Artists Talk - Schoebel and Doogan

I was exhausted and almost didn't go, but I am so glad I changed my mind.  I gathered up the strength to go to this Artist Talk at the Tempe Center for the Arts.  I was impressed with the conversation but even more so with the art.  It is so important to hear what artists are trying to say in their work.  I was really impressed with Bailey Doogan's work.  If I had not gone to the talk, I would have said to myself, another angry woman-feminist!  But it was not that at all.  She was making a statement about her body, the natural beauty of aging and the hurt that was experienced when she was dismissed as an artist - as being too old and non relevant to today's art.  If you do not experience her work, you have missed out!!!  They are massive works of art and massive in impact as well.  Her website is www.baileydoogan.com .  Check out her work and her resume.

1 comment:

  1. That was a great event. This should be a regular event. Too bad it was off campus, but the venue is very nice.

    ReplyDelete