Sunday, February 21, 2010

Watercolor: Starting on Apples - a work in progress.

Rules: Red and its analogous colors.  Green and its analogous colors.

I promise there is apples in there... the next image will show.

Green apples one step further...



Red apples in progress...


Learning to work with different types of watercolor papers as well... Red apples on hot press and green apples on cold press.  I find I like the cold press better... I like the flow of the water and paint on the surface as it bleeds here and there.  The hot press has been an extreme challenge.  

3 comments:

  1. i like these. i love the way the colors bleed into each other. it looks like you've been producing a lot with these painting classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support - it really means a lot! What is really difficult is bouncing back and forth between watercolor and oil (so totally different in approach and goals). Wish me luck, tomorrow is class critique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa! It's your cousin, Steph. I love these paintings. I don't know the lingo, but I think they look pretty cool :) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete