Sunday, February 21, 2010

Painting 1 Class: Quick A La Prima still life paintings

We had to paint a still life that was provided...spheres, egg shaped spheres and brown bags!  We also had to paint this in a 3 hour class period, wet-on-wet oil on primed paper.  We were to also cover the entire paper before beginning any refinements to the painting.   I was only able to get to the second step toward the very end of the class, but was able to cover the entire paper.  Not an exciting composition, but a challenge to paint.

The studio where I work - my painting on the easel. 


2 comments:

  1. nice. i wanted to take painting but i don't know if i could do it, all of your paintings looks pretty big and having to finish them in such a short amount of time scares me haha. it looks like you're doing great though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is tough - I reeeaaally struggle with it! But I know that you would do great at it - you always do. :-)

    ReplyDelete