Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Monster is Back....

This is a larger composition (48" x 72") that I am currently working on.  It is a painting of my son, my grandson and a little monster in the background.  This has many interpretations; it is what you see and take from the experience.  The images will show the different stages.  I have nearly completed Caleb. There needs to be some final touches, smoothing out, but he is looking strong.  This painting has been a real struggle.  The canvas is extremely rough and my white paint is thick and difficult to maneuver.  Mason will be painted in color, creating a strong sense of foreground, middle-ground and background.

In this photo, the monster, Caleb and Mason are still in outline only:
This photo Caleb and the monster are obviously painted- I am pleased with the texture on the wall in the background.  You would not believe that it took me nearly two hours alone building up subtle texture to the walls; I will have to add more at later stages of the painting:
This is a little closer look.  I need to add highlights to Caleb's hands to bring them out more from the couch.  This painting is starting to reflect the kind of film noir I desire to emulate.
  
This is a nice close-up shot of the monster's hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment