Friday, September 30, 2011

Put in More Hours.

I put in another five hours today in the studio.  I am tired, but it's a good tired.  There is a lot more definition and detail in Caleb's face and hands.  I will try and get some pictures posted soon.  I also had a great critique with my professor.  He gave me some good feedback.  It sometimes takes another set of eyes to see what you're missing.  The painting of Caleb and Mason is really still in the very beginning stages.  I would say there is easily another 20 to 30 hours left to get it at a good stopping point. It was funny when I took a step back and really looked at Caleb's body alignment, it looked like he was in a magic act that went wrong, like the box was sawed in half, but he just wasn't quite right when put back together.  His legs were heading downward into the couch and his upper torso was heading straight along the line of the couch - too funny.  That has now been fixed - wallah!   I had posted the photo of me working in the studio on the Caleb, Mason, little monster painting on facebook, and Caleb noticed it.  He liked it so far, but asked his ol' mom to pencil in some shorts.  I replied...hmmmm.....nope. Too funny.  Soon I will have to switch gears and start working on the zipper head.  I need to put in the graffiti elements.  It will be a great deal of tedious taping off of sections, spray painting and hand painting.  I''ll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment