Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Tomorrow is the day! Picking on my Apple Day.

Apples viewing.  We are having our class critique of our apples, a practice in glazing.  I was able to squeeze in seven layers in glazing in the time allotted for this project ( 6 hours, at least, drying time between layers) .  I was the happiest, when the last layer I was able to apply (on Tuesday) - the background actually looked black.  I layered reds over greens to achieve the "black" of the background- we weren't allowed to put black paint down.  The emphasis was to be the apples, and I focused intensely on the three apples, but it was seeing the "black" finally shining through - what great pleasure that little moment brought me.  I will be posting the different documented layers soon - maybe tomorrow.  As for the critique, it might be another margarita night, to ease the salted wounds!  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment