Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Does an A- bother anyone else?

I was somewhat disheartened, bummed and really upset at receiving an A- for my semester grade in intro to printmaking.  I weary of the grading process and not being a part of the crowd that gets As just for being "cool."  It's seriously like being back in high school all over again.  For the most part, the cool kids, are the idiots that take up class time, cheat or are completely lazy and lack any real talent.  I know, it's still an A but it's a lesser A, and not the grade I should have received.  Oh well, move on and let it go- right.?.

2 comments:

  1. I understand where you are coming from, but you should be proud. An A is an A, I know the pluses and minuses do mess with GPA, but it's still an A. But i definitely feel the same way sometimes. Especially with studios, and when someone gets the same grade on a project and you put WAY more effort into it than they did. It's like why did you spend all that time and effort when you could have just thrown it together and gotten the same grade. I've just tried to focus on myself and making the best artwork i can, because once you forget about the grade, you'll still have your artwork to look and you want to be proud of the stuff you produce, regardless of the grade you got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words of wisdom. I am working on it. I am truly an over-achiever by nature. Thank you for sharing your feelings-I agree that the art is the most important!!!

    ReplyDelete