Saturday, December 11, 2010

Printmaking-Final Project

I am posting some images of my Printmaking Class Final Project.  I was pleased that my grade was an A+. I worked very hard on this project.  The ink work is done in drypoint etching.  I had to duplicate the process to create an edition of two each; I also ran another copy and finished it off with colored pencil.  This is a comic book story in two panels:
Backstory:

Etched in the Alter Ego, Zedie


Zachary Smith, a starving and unemployed Painting Major ingests radioactive Raw Umber while working on his final piece of work for Painting III.  Transformed with the ability of flight, strength and uncanny insight into the intricacies of Color Theory, Zachary takes on the alter ego of Zedie – traveling through the previously unknown intergalactic dimensions, righting wrongs and providing solace for struggling artists here in our own galaxy and beyond…


In Black and White:

In color:

This is Zachary Smith...starving, unemployed painting Major by day...


Super Zedie by night.


No comments:

Post a Comment