Saturday, December 11, 2010

Final Painting - Painting II Class

This is an extra credit project for Painting II class.  I had wrapped up my paintings a little early, so my professor asked me to paint ONE more.  Eddy was kind enough to buy me another canvas, as I had run out of money for the semester.  The painting was first painted with acrylic in gray tones, and then I glazed over with oils.  The painting could probably use a couple more hours work, but I think it turned out well, since I only had four sittings to work on it.  This painting was taken from a photo provided by Janet Scott.  It is a photo she had taken of her son.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this one. it's very dramatic and moody. i like the color of the wall too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, this was a tough composition, and I really struggled to get it right. I had to defend the wall color- the professor wanted it dulled down, but I wanted the "glow" it provided. So to strike a compromise, I heightened the yellow in the stairway and ground. I was pleased with the results.

    ReplyDelete