Thursday, March 11, 2010

Good Bye to Someone dear to me.

My grandmother passed away this February.  It was painful to lose her.  She and I had much in common.  She is missed and will be missed.  I had to work through my art projects and school and try to keep it together.  My midterm watercolor painting has a somber tone to it, and once the grading is complete, I will post it.  It was a struggle to work through.  I almost gave up on the whole process.  But figured it would not do any honor to my grandmother's name by giving up.  I was not able to attend the funeral in CA, but my 2 sons were there for me.  I was grateful to have been blessed with two very caring and good hearted sons.  My grandma was a sweet woman that was in a great deal of pain and needed an end to come.  She truly is in peace, released from the physical bonds of a dying body.  Her spirit can now be free, and she can meet up with the love of her life, my grandfather and they can travel the rest of their time together....joyful, pain free, and at peace. They were married in the month of February, my grandfather died 20 years ago in the month of February and my grandmother just died in the month of February.  My grandma kept telling me that she would die in February, and yet each year she keep on living!  But this time her heart gave out and she died on the very last week of February.  My son was also born in the month of February and on his two year birthday to the date, Grandpa died.  We have all decided that Caleb my son needs a break from February deaths.  I hope you will check out the painting once it's posted. It will probably be up sometime after spring break.

2 comments:

  1. sorry..

    looking forward to seeing some new work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. More work will be posted shortly.

    ReplyDelete