Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Really Big Apples - Painting I Class

This is the beginning underpainting for a glazing project we are doing in Painting I class.  We are working in oils.  The underpainting is done acrylic paint though. We used raw umber and white.  The darkest we were to paint is about 5 on the value scale, so pretty pale.  We were to put as much detail into the underpainting as possible.  The canvas is massive though, so it is really funny looking to see "apples" so huge! But I am pleased with the foundational underpainting.  There had to be 3 apples, one yellow, one green and one red. Hopefully the glazing goes well.  We have only one week left to do the glazing, definitely not enough time.  I will be spending as much extra time in the studio, which is funny since the "other" extra time will be painting in my watercolor class, studying art history, and writing papers for art ed. classes.  Extra or Free time - not in my vocabulary much anymore or Eddy's!!!  We have the weirdest hours, not your typical day that's for sure.

I will post the finished painting later - this is the foundation/underpainting for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment