Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Art Community

My thoughts for the day.  It saddens me how little a sense of community we have as artists.  So often there is so much cut-throat competition that we don't get to nurture each other and encourage one another on our journey in the world of art and creation.  We are so "lucky" to have the ability to express our thoughts, feelings and emotions as well as the world around us in a visual often tactile manner.  We all need to make a living and rarely does one support themselves by art alone, we all want that big pay off, but does it have to be at the expense of another artist's opportunity to shine.  There's enough room in this world for all of us to share our art and make a difference in the lives of others as well as our own.  Keep creating ART!

1 comment:

  1. I agree 100%! That's why I love studio classes like our 3D one. I feel like there's more encouragement there since we are all still learning. I only wish the real world was like that. Unfortunately it's not just the art world that is cut throat. It's everywhere we look

    ReplyDelete