Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Color Theory - My Sprinkles Project

This project was interesting as we studied the artist Chuck Close, and how he uses a grid pattern and each square is its own cell.  We had to make a portrait of someone we either liked, hated or a self portrait (which could also fall in the "like" or "hate" category).  But we had to use a medium that would express something about that person - their likes or dislikes, personality - something to link it to the person portrayed.  It also had to be something other than the usual art mediums: painting, drawing, etc.  So the person I portrayed is a  close friend.  He is a former chef and loves, loves, loves food.  So I thought of cupcake sprinkles.  Plus, they were colorful and small - easier to manipulate.  The process was tedious in that I had to use tweezers and a glue medium.  I liked the end result.

5 comments:

  1. I think this project captured the individual very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is amazing! what an interesting choice of medium, and it worked very well

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this awesome. I don't think i would have the patience to do something like this. it turned out great though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! very impressive! good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments and viewing my work - greatly appreciated! You guys were the best group of classmates ever! - very talented!

    ReplyDelete