Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Beginning and The End

I have just completed my first semester at ASU as an art student, but this is the beginning of my Journal.  I hope you will come and visit often.  I am not one to write a diary or to even keep sketchbook notes handy. I am working on the latter.  I do like however blogging, so this is my journey through life as an artist, an art student, and an observer of those around me.  I just completed a lower division 3D class, a Color theory class, and 2 art history courses.  In my 3D class we had assignments that consisted of altering books, making chairs out of cardboard and even making large inflatables out of just plastic and packaging tape.  Our final was a short stop animation video/film.  It was to encompass some aspect of what we learned in design principles or it had to reference a book we used in class that dealt with design principles in life as a whole and how we approach society, design, ecology - how we treat our environment.

In Color Theory - we discussed the different color schemes, color impact in our projects and how to approach color and balance in art.  We created projects that allowed us to use elements not usually associated with art.  I made a portrait using - cupcake sprinkles!  I also worked with a 2D drawing and created a 3D form out of it and used a pastiche of elements I took in from other works of art we viewed on our art scavenger hunt.  We had to go through the painful experience of art "critiques" and at times it was painful.  I will be posting some of my projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment